lauantai 21. toukokuuta 2016

New family members

Today our family grew with three new snakes. <3 I'm a part of HeKo- which is a animal shelter for herps, such as snakes, spiders, turtles, lizards etc. I'm registered as a foster home, or I can keep animals that need a new home. In this case, we all keeping them all. We have a lot of space and the recources to look after them properly. I got an email last week asking if I have space for few snakes, and luckily I had few empty terrariums. And today they finally came home! <3 I gave the boa to my love, because he loves big snakes and has begged me for one. We suspect it's a female, but we can't be sure. It's around 2 years old based on it's size, but that isn't sure either. You know, rescue animals, hard to tell the age without any paperwork or popping (determing snake's sex). And I don't know how to pop. But it doesn't matter, it lives alone and we have no plans of making boa babies. There are too many boa constrictors looking for a home anyway. It doesn't have a name yet, but I'm sure he will name it soon. ^^ 




As for the cornsnakes, it's a female snow ad a male ghost stripe. Male is about ten years old, female is unknown but still adult. So she's over 6 years. We are hoping for babies this or next year, so we will propably try it with them. First I have to check some essentials things out for sure, but we have hopes. I named them Geralt and Yennefer after The witcher series. <3 They are such sweetheats, not a mean bone in them. I'm in love with all three already <3 They are kept in same terrarium, but if they wont try to have sex in couple of days, we will separate them. It will be too much stress for the female if kept with a male all the time. 




We of course still have our old snakes. A Dumerils boa Zevran that is a grandma already. She's about 16 years old, and still shows no signs of aging. Two female cornsnakes Serana and Evelyn, both really sweet and still in their teen years. I have to take some new pictures, since these are bout 2 years ago.. 




 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti